FHL Properties Limited started from a humble beginning operating under NLDC Investment Management Company Limited. It was on 29 August 1985 the directors of NLDC Investment management Company Limited decided to change its operating name from NLDC to Fijian Property Trust Company Limited (FPTCL) and this was approved through the Extraordinary General Meeting of NLDC Investment Management Company Limited on 22 November 1985.
NLDC had 3 prime properties namely Ratu Sukuna House, Vanua House and Draiba Property that was bought by FPTCL for a sum of $5.6m. In 1992 it was resolved that the Deuba Property be sold back to itaukei Affairs Board for their development leaving FPTCL with Vanua House and Ratu Sukuna House. During this time Fijian Holdings Limited (FHL) had 70% shares while i’Taukei Affairs Board held the remaining 30% shareholding.
It was not until 2010 when FHL decided to buy the remaining 30% shareholding making it the fully owned subsidiary and the sole shareholder of FPTCL. In 2012, the shareholders decided to rename the company to FHL Properties Limited to culminate the flagship of FHL. FHL Properties Limited was registered on 31st July 2012 and also increased its portfolio on the same year with the purchase of Ra Marama building. The total property portfolio now stands at around $50m.
WHAT MAKES US MOVE FORWARD
FHL Properties Limited (FHLP) is primarily a commercial property owner and licensed real estate agent (No. 100). It is a fully owned subsidiary of Fijian Holdings Limited (FHL), a leading equity investment company in Fiji with investments in various key sectors of the Fiji economy.
FHLP’s principal business activities include the renting and management of properties. We currently own the following properties in the central business district of the capital city, Suva with a total value of over FJD30 million.
FHLP also actively manages two other commercial properties in Suva and is strategically working on including additional properties to this portfolio. With FHLP’s real estate license, we hope to explore additional opportunities in the local property market.
Our core values are the underlying principles that strongly bind our people:
The principal reason for FHL Properties Pte Ltd existence is to accelerate indigenous Fijian participation in property investment industry.
To be the leading Property Management Company in the South Pacific
FHL Properties Pte Limited is committed to the following mission statements:
FHL Properties Limited,
41 Gladstone Road,
P. O. Box 2321, Govt Bldgs, Suva